It’s probably time to start a non-subscription Espionage Cosmetics thread! They just announced a couple of non-subscription things that are relevant to the interests of Certain People here. They are discontinuing their loose everything shadows (and lip serums) and launching palettes next month. There will be two palettes available for pre-order, and one of them is going to be a Harry Potter-themed palette. They have not announced the price point, but my guess is $35 based on the price of their loose shadow collections, although pre-orders will get a discount. Shipping for the palettes will start thirty days or so after the pre-order window, and then I got the impression that they will be available for regular purchase after the pre-orders ship.
Then there’s the Nexus OP. It’s going to be a non-scheduled nail wrap collection series. The main details as they were laid out last night:
- Each collection will be themed to a specific fandom.
- There will be two to four wraps per round.
- They are one-off purchases and not part of a subscription.
- The designs will be exclusive to the OP packs and not released for regular purchase.
- There will be a limited supply of each round, and when they sell out, that's it.
- Each round will cost $15-$30 (plus the standard tax/shipping/handling) depending on how many wraps are in them.
- They will randomly spawn.
- Perks if you're an existing BOOM!Box or Nexus subscriber: You will get 24-hour notice and access before the OP is released to the public. And you will get a 50% discount (so your price would range $7.50-$15 plus tax/S&H), and you will be able to buy as many as you want. I'm not sure whether the you-can-buy-multiple-packs thing is a subscriber-only perk, but they made sure to mention it during that section of the video, so it might be.
The first theme could very easily sell out during the subscriber-only window because it’s also Harry Potter! EC won’t specifically say, “This is going to be a Harry Potter/Doctor Who/Beetlejuice/etc. collection,” when they're powering up for one of these releases, but they will give BIG HONKING HINTS, like a Golden Snitch being featured very prominently in their video explaining the new program and stating that the OP theme is directly related to the theme of the first palette that contains shadows named Parseltongue and Auror, so you won’t have to make huge leaps if you’re a fan of that show/movie. I'm about 98% certain that the wraps themselves will be mysteries until you receive them because that just seems like EC's style.
(And I'm 100% certain I will be making a crazed dash to get those HP wraps once they release!)