So it's been a while, and the aftermath of the Black Friday weekend is hitting. I ordered a bunch of stuff, and I had a few issues:
- I ordered the Changeling set (all seven Changelings in 5 ml tubes -- instead of the usual 3 ml duos -- for $35), which was supposed to come with a gift code for a free Mystic Matte, but it wasn't included.
- The Changelings tubes were inconsistently filled. Like four of them were a quarter of a tube lower than the others. I have another Changeling in this style of tube that I received as part of a Vanishing Cabinet a few months ago, and I've been using it regularly. Some of these tubes arrived with lower fill levels than that one does after three months of use. This was the part that most annoyed me since I had been planning on breaking up the set and giving some of these as presents, and it's a waste of money now since I didn't want to give something that looked used.
- Orders placed on Cyber Monday were supposed to have an extra freebie of a semi-loose shadow (one of three: Neno, Young Merlin, or Kilgarrah). I placed three orders, one of which was on CM, but I didn't receive the extra freebie. It wouldn't have been something I would have emailed her about separately, but since I was already emailing her about the Changelings, I might as well mention it.
So I emailed Carrie Wednesday evening around 7:30 Pacific time. Her response, which she emailed less than three hours later (after I had gone to bed, so it was probably after 1am her time):
- She immediately refunded me IN FULL for the Changelings. She had help filling orders this time around, and these tubes are not the ones usually used for this product, so she thinks there may be some more training needed on her side of the process for filling these in the future. I may or may not get replacements (I'm kind of fuzzy on that) once she gets new tubes in, but I'm not really too concerned with getting replacements (which is why I didn't bother pushing for clarification) if the ones I have are good to use (I'm slightly concerned about whether the pigment-to-solution ratio makes a difference). The refund was sufficient for me. Although I'm bummed I won't be able to gift these, at least it's not a waste of money now.
- She emailed me the code for the free Mystic Matte.
- She sent me ALL THREE of the Cyber Monday shadows.
I'm very, very good with this resolution. One of the things I ordered was a Stranger Things-inspired set (five semi-loose shadows and a Mystic Matte, all exclusive to the set, and I'm pretty much in love with the MM), and I received a code good for 30% off all year. I'm trying to buy as little eyeshadow as possible (if it hadn't been for the MM, I wouldn't have bought the ST set, but the MM looked like a nice, neutral, all-purpose shade) because I'm on overload in that area, so I'll most likely be using it exclusively on lip balms/gloss/stick/Mystic Mattes because I just tossed a ton of lipsticks/glosses/etc. due to age (which means that 2017 will be the Year of the Lip once again as I slowly replace what I threw out), but I will be using it.
(And then it turned out that the December Vanishing Cabinet has a code for a free Mystic Matte, too, so I'll be getting two Mystic Mattes for free! I'll use the VC code for Druidess and the Changelings code for Absolute since those are the two I was having a horrible time deciding between. Druidness wiill be a post-Christmas pick-me-up, and Absolute will be a birthday treat.)
(As a side note, it turned out the Stranger Things Mystic Matte is not a nice, neutral, all-purpose shade. I must have gotten it confused with something else. It's actually a weird shade I can't quite describe -- rust with a blurple shift? -- that is so unique that I'm kind of in love with it and bummed I can't get another one to keep in my desk at work! At least I was able to get a couple of tubes of Scrape so I can have one at work and one at home.)